Wednesday, May 30, 2007

When I Met Movies

When Harry Met Sally(1989):

This is a fun film that raises allot of questions about men and women(Allot of questions not suitable for children so keep the kiddies away.).It is quite a funny film and it really holds up well. I'm surprised at how many of the jokes are still relevant today in this film.

First of all Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan were made to play these parts. They just have great screen chemistry. Plus Crystal is hilarious and goes all out with the jokes. Ryan provides for a good foil to Crystal's hilarity and you begin to feel for their story.

Secondly,this can be a emotional film at times. I know the first couple of times I saw this movie I practically cried at the end. There is just allot of heart in this picture and it shows in scene's like this one. They work the romantic comedy angle way better than most romantic comedy's in this picture. Because honestly I'm not a huge fan of romantic comedy's and I really like this film

Also,Fisher and Kirby are great in their roles. They both seem made for these roles and make for very good supporting characters.

Overall,a fun film with allot of heart.I'll probably see it many more times in my life.

No comments: